In an effort to support and strengthen the learning, teaching and research activities of UPM, The University Library has established an extensive program of Liaison services to serve as a contact person for the academic community of faculty, staff and students. The service aims to:
- Assist users with information requests in person, by phone, or via e-mail.
- To maintain rapport between the library and faculties, schools, institutes and centers and serve as a contact person for the academic community of the faculty, staff and students.
- Educate users on how to access, identify and evaluate various resources as to satisfy in their information needs.
- Provide scheduled reference and research services.
- Conduct Information Literacy Programme for new students.
- Assist in strengthening the Collection development in their specific fields.
- Ensure teaching and learning needs of the university community are met.
Users are free to contact the liaison librarians and arrange for class instruction / group tours / or even set up one-to-one research assistance